The portal for online registration is normally open between May, July or September of every year. Meanwhile, take your time and read through the eligibility requirement and application process provided below.
PAMO University of Medical Sciences is a Private University licensed by the Federal Government of Nigeria. The University is committed to quality and excellence in Medical Education, Research and Health Services. Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for Admission into Undergraduate Degree Programmes for the 2019/2020 Academic Session
PAMO University of Medical Sciences Courses
FACULTY OF ALLIED HEALTH SCIENCES (Five (5) years programme)
- B.MLS – Medical Laboratory Science
- B.NSc – Nursing Science
- B.Sc – Physiotherapy
- B.Sc – Radiography
FACULTY OF BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCES (Four (4) years programme)
- B.Sc – Anatomy
- B.Sc – Biochemistry
- B.Sc – Pharmacology
- B.Sc – Physiology
- B.Sc – Human Nutrition & Dietetics
FACULTY OF CLINICAL SCIENCES (Six (6) years programme)
- Bachelor of Medicine & Surgery – MBBS
PUMS Post UTME / DE Screening Eligibility
- For Admission (via UTME) into 100 Level, applicants must possess five (5) credits passed at SSCE (or equivalent) in relevant subjects (Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English Language and Mathematics), at not more than two (2) sittings and must have scored 170 or above in the 2019/2020 UTME in relevant subjects. For MBBS, the score must be 200 and above.
- Candidates who chose PUMS in JAMB and
- Candidates who chose other Universities are required to apply for change of Institution through JAMB Portal to qualify to participate in the Screening Exercise.
- Candidates awaiting SSCE result or its equivalent are also eligible to apply for admission provided the result (s) will be uploaded on PUMS Portal two days before screening.
- For Admission by Direct Entry (200 Level), candidates will in addition to having five (5) O’ Level credits, MUST possess at least two (2) A’ Level or its equivalent, passes in relevant subjects or possess a good first degree in a related field not below Second Class Lower as the case may be. For MBBS, candidates must possess three (3) A’ Level passes in relevant subjects.
- For Transfer Admissions, candidates should first obtain a Transfer Form from PUMS, endorsed by the current university before resubmission to PUMS for consideration. The Form should be returned to PUMS with copies of relevant current Sessional Transcripts from current university.
PUMS Post UTME Screening Schedule & Requirements
The Screening Exercise will take place as follows:
- 1st Screening: Mon 19th to Frid,23rd August, 2019
- 2nd Screening: A date for second screening will be published later
TIME: 10:00 am daily
VENUE: University Auditorium, No 1 Tap Road, Elelenwo Off Aba Expressway, Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
Applicants are expected to come along with downloaded completed Application Form, Originals and copies of Qualifying Certificates, the 2019 UTME/DE Results, Birth Certificate, Two (2) Passport Photographs, Evidence of Change of Institution where applicable, Evidence of Payment of Application Fees for the Screening exercise on any of the scheduled dates, Transfer Form/Transcript (for transfer candidates) and Letter of Character Attestation from a Clergy or Imam.
How to Apply for PUMS Post UTME Form
Applicants are required to visit PUMS website, www.pums.edu.ng and apply online. Click on the ADMISSIONS menu on the website and click the APPLY ONLINE link to log into the PUMS Portal using the JAMB Registration number. Once the Candidates’ profile is validated, they would be expected to follow the instructions on the page to complete, submit ALL sections and pages on the Portal Application page. All the required documents should be uploaded on the University portal as only applicants with fully submitted online forms and uploaded documents will be invited for screening. Applicants who have successfully applied through the PUMS Portal will be notified of the dates and time of their screening vide text messages and Emails.
You may wish to call for support through 09060003435 or 08062942192
E-mail: [email protected] for immediate help if necessary.